Resetting user passwords in Salesforce is a useful skill to know. To help, we have created this quick tips video to show you how simple resetting Salesforce passwords can be. Simply follow the short step-by-step instructions or copy the actions along with the video to reset your Salesforce users’ passwords. (note: you will need the correct administrator permissions to do so).
- From any page in Salesforce, head to the cog icon, found at the top right hand side of the page. Click the icon and select the ‘Set Up’ option from the dropdown. A new tab will open in your browser.
- Navigate to the list on the left hand side of the new tab and select the ‘users’ dropdown, then the ‘users’ option from the list that appears.
- From this page, select the desired user you wish to change the password for, by clicking on their name.
- Select the ‘Reset Password’ button from the centre of the new page to change the selected user’s password.
- Once the popup box appears, press the ‘OK’ button to send an email to the desired user, containing a link to reset their password.
- The user will simply need to select the link from the email and input a new password to regain access to Salesforce.
Hopefully you are now comfortable with resetting user passwords, but why not learn some other new Salesforce skills with more helpful tips and short videos on our Salesforce quick tips blog section. Alternatively, check out our support options to get the guidance you need to gain the most out of your Salesforce platform.