Creating Salesforce reports allows for a clear view of progress and helps identify related data in your org. Easily sort data with Salesforce filters to see what you need to find straight away without having to manually sift through hundreds or thousands of records. Creating effective Salesforce reports is actually easy to achieve, follow along with the video or the simple step-by-steps to start creating your own reports.
- Firstly navigate to the ‘Reports’ tab in the options bar at the top of Salesforce.
- Once in the new screen select the ‘New Report’ button to begin creating your reports.
- In the popup that appears you are able to select the report type, which allows you to choose what it is you are reporting on. Once you have chosen the desired area, simply click the ‘Continue’ button to save the selection.
- You will then enter the report builder where you can customise your reports.
- Add new columns by heading to the columns search bar on the left hand side to add a new column. Scroll down to the field you are looking for from the options in the search bar and simply click the title to add the column to the right hand side of your report.
- You are then able to further filter down the information in whichever column you chose in the previous step by heading to the ‘Filters’ tab on the left hand side.
- Simply click ‘Add Filter’ and select the filter type you are looking for from the list of options that appears. You will then be asked to select the value of the selected type you would like to filter by, as well as whether you would like to include or exclude the filter.
- Click the ‘Apply’ button at the bottom of the popup to complete the filter. This will then sort your data and provide a report with just what you are wanting to see.
- Once you are happy with your Salesforce report, select the ‘Save and Run’ button found at the top right to bring up the ‘Save Report’ popup. Simply name your report and add some more optional information, such as a description and relevant folder and click the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the pop up to complete and save your report.
If you would like to know some more quick tips like this one, head to our Salesforce Quick Tips blog section to get some more helpful videos and step-by-steps for many different areas of Salesforce. If you would like some more assistance in any areas, such as reports, take a look at our support page to see how we can help you get the most out of your Salesforce and assist you every step of the way.